Posted on May 28 2019
Habit Your Way
The word “habit” tends to hold a negative connotation. We may think of some of the things that we and others do that should be changed or perhaps corrected. However, a habits simply means integrating a certain practice into your routine. Integrating postive influences and choices into your daily routine can lead to immense benefits!
Here’s 4 easy lifestyle changes to augment your physical and mental self.
4 Healthy Habits to Enhance Wellbeing
- Catch Some Z’s
According to Healthline, your body’s internal clock, a.k.a. your circadian rhythm, plays a key role in regulating when to wake up in the morning and unwind at the end of the day. It’s ideal to routinely stick with a schedule for the following benefits:
- Improved concentration and memory
- Elevated mood and energy levels
- Help with weight control, immunity, and increasing your lifespan.
Long story short, GET SOME SHUT EYE. Discover more reasons why here.
- Journal your feelings
A meta-analysis found that writing activates the left hemisphere of the brain, known for employing human’s analytical side. When we occupy our left side, the right half of the brain is free to create. This removes mental blocks, and freeing your mind to:
- Get in touch with deepest thoughts and feelings
- Gain problem-solving skills
- Reduce anxiety
- Learn more about your true self
- Drink a glass of water first thing in the morning
Fun fact: your brain tissue is 76% water. Whether your body gives you thirst cues or not, after 7 to 8 hours without water, you’re bound to be dehydrated. Here are the perks of staying hydrated:
- Increases the flow of oxygen to regenerate muscle and blood cells
- Jumpstarts your metabolism
- Flushes Out Toxins
- Feel satiated longer
- Meditation and Deep breathing
Throughout the day, we all experience our minds going a million miles an hour: and you just can’t keep up. That’s why it is imperative to stop, deeply inhale, and have a quick break. I know the last thing you want to hear is to chill out, but really, you need to clear your mind to keep composed during the hectic hustle and bustle of the day. Here’s the scoop on why it helps:
- Repairs body and tissue (oxygen is the main component during metabolic process within cells).
- Promotes sleep by producing the sleep hormone melatonin
- Relieves migraines
- Enhances creativity
- Improves focus capacity
You can read more about the benefits of meditation here.
Now you know! Take initiative and prioritize treating yo’ self with these habits. Your body and mind will thank you. And if want to learn more about treating your body right, check this out.